Sunday, October 21, 2012

Social Networking was kind of taken over my life.

The other day, Thursda I think, I decided to deactivate my facebook. The negativity I have come across on that site from the election as well as being a part of the LGBT community, I was just so very, very tired. Also, I'm tired of people being too far into my personal business. I was just more than okay with sharing all of these private things with the whole world, I mean, I guess I still am, but that's not the point.

I used to have to check facebook so often. I can't even say how often I was on the site in one day. It took up so much of my time and energy. A couple of months ago I decided to take a break from it, so I did for about a week and then I was back to it stronger than ever, but this is the first time I've actually deactivated it.

I stopped going on twitter as much as well. The only sites I'm using since getting rid of facebook are tumblr and instagram. Who knows how long those are going to last being used in my life. I always need some place to kind of vent so I'll keep tumblr for that possibly, but I don't know. We shall see.

Since weening myself off social networking I feel so much better about myself. I'm not wasting my life trying to see what people I probably don't even care about are doing. Sure, it's awesome to use facebook to catch up, but I was just friends with so many people from high school and a good majority of them I wasn't even bothered with in high school, so why start now?

I'm especially happy that I won't be getting upset over what someone posts that significantly differs from my opinion. I know we all have opinions, but when all I see someone post is something that differs what I believe I get annoyed. Don't even get me started on those people who are rude about our differing opinions.

I was also beginning to become friends with a lot of guys that quite honestly creeped me the fuck out. I don't want to date anyone. I'm in love with someone and regardless of how our relationship is, it would never be fair to someone else, let alone myself, to try and get into something when I'm not all there. It has taken me a long time to come to those terms, to realize I don't need to rush things, to just slow down my life and relationships, so I'm not going to contradict everything that I've worked so hard for.

I don't have to worry with any of that anymore. I may activate my facebook again some day, but right now I don't need it in my life. God will provide those people who care about me in my life with the means to reach me. I do have a cell. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment