Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Is Catholicism such a bad thing?

I have been converting to Catholicism for the past month or so. I started going to Mass, praying everyday, and have even spent the time decorating my place with various religious items. I'm super serious about this Catholicism thing. This is the first time in my entire life that a religion has made me feel happy, whole, and loved.

Before I started converting, I identified as an Atheist. Honestly, I get more questions asking "why?" now than I did when I was an Atheist. I'm tired of being questioned why when it comes to Catholicism. I know it is strict and, looking in from the outside, it isn't the best denomination to get behind, but it makes me happy. I'm not doing this for anyone else BUT MYSELF. I am so very, very tired of the questions though. Ask me about Catholicism, learn something, instead of wondering why I chose this religion and kind of making me feel like I need to pick something different. Be happy that I've even found God because before this all happened I didn't believe. Be proud of me in that aspect and don't patronize me for my beliefs. I'm sure none of you are trying to do that, but that is exactly how I feel. Sorry, I don't see myself being a baptist, or Jewish, or Mormon.

Catholicism is beautiful to me. The rituals are beautiful. The prayers are beautiful. Mass makes me feel so much better about myself than anything else I have ever done in my life. Isn't that enough? Stop questioning me why I'm doing what I'm doing like it's a bad thing. Just stop.

Be happy that I'm doing this for myself. I'm more than happy to answer any questions you may have, in fact, I welcome the questions. I would love to teach you the beauty of my denomination. I would love to show you how amazing it could be to go to Mass and be filled with the love of the Spirit every day. Just, please, think before you ask anything that will be construed as rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment