Wednesday, June 13, 2012

College.. Is it worth it?

It's been a really long time. This is what happens when you start a full time job and become an adult I guess?

You know, I really have to question what my college degree is going to help me accomplish.. I'm not going to quit, believe me I'm way too close to finishing for that, but I'm just kind of curious. I have a fantastic job right now, in the field that I want to work in for the rest of my life. Did I need my degree for that? Nope.

I know a bachelor's in psychology doesn't do much if anything.. it just really looks good on paper. Is that why I'm spending the government's money and learning stuff that I don't necessarily care for? Just to look good on paper? I don't know. I think I'm just tired of being in school. I've been in school since I was about 5 years old.

This has been non stop. I really just want a break. I'm going to be going back to school as soon as I graduate from UNT this summer or this fall, but maybe I should take a year off and just concentrate on working?

I don't know. Just a thought.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way! Algebra sucks! I think I am actually just going to go to cosmotology school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sucks. I would go to cosmotology school to do nails, but I don't like touching strangers. :/

      Delete